4. First Church
Corner of Hobart and Centre Streets.
This is the present site of the First Church. In 1701, the old meetinghouse in which the witchcraft examinations took place was abandoned and a new meetinghouse erected on this spot. It was in this second meetinghouse that Ann Putnam, Jr. rose in her pew to ask forgiveness of those she had maligned in 1692. The present church building is modern.