The Peabody Historical Society is headquartered at 31-35 Washington Street.
More About Peabody Historical Society
The Peabody Historical Society is headquartered on Washington Street, where it owns three beautiful houses, at: 35 Washington Street (General Gideon Foster House, 1810); 33 Washington Street (Osborne-Salata House, 1852); and 31 Washington Street (Sutton-Peirson House, 1847). Among the many artifacts in their collection are: John Proctor’s son Thorndike’s accounting book, which he shared with his son Thorndike; Hannah (wife of Thorndike) Proctor’s grave stone; photographs of Proctor descendants; and a sign that hung in front of Captain Johnson Proctor’s Inn on Lowell Street in 1796. He was the grandson of John Proctor. The inn remained in the family until 1851.
The General Gideon Foster House, built in 1810.
The Osborne-Salata House, built in 1852.
The Sutton-Peirson House, built in 1847.