Terms and Conditions
CHOOSE YOUR TIME WISELY.
Please note, tickets may sell out and we will not be able to switch your reservation time or refund you if you arrive late.
Tickets go on sale shortly after midnight for same day. At this time tickets are sold ONLINE ONLY and we suggest you purchase them before you come to Salem.
Yes, things are different as we operate during a pandemic. While there is a light at the end of the tunnel, we are still operating under strict state, federal and local guidelines and we are following CDC recommendations. We appreciate your cooperation to make your stay in Salem and at the Museum as pleasant as possible. We are happy to be open and to keep you and our staff safe, we require compliance with our mask and physically distance policy even if you have had your COVID inoculations. At this time we have no exceptions to the face covering/mask policy.
All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
- Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
Based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.
Costume masks are also not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn.
We’ve had to drastically reduce our Museum capacity, and so you may need to wait outside on our front plaza for up to 15 minutes before entering the museum for your visit. Please plan accordingly especially during inclement weather.
We recommend that you purchase your tickets before you make your way to the Museum. At peak season, the system may lag because of ticket demand. Please have patience when purchasing your ticket and do not do not refresh the page or press the submit button multiple times to prevent extra charges. You may need to clear your cellphone or computer cache if the system doesn’t allow you to purchase tickets.
It is important that you read the following in order to assist you in selecting the proper time and understand the new requirements to visit, as TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
- You do not need to be in Salem or at the Museum to purchase your tickets. In fact we recommend purchasing them before you arrive. Tickets are sold for specific times during the day, running every half hour, i.e. 9:45 am tickets are for the 10 am presentation and 10:15 am tickets are for the 10:30 am presentation, etc. You should allow about one hour and 15 minutes for your visit.
- The museum consists of two presentations: the first depicts the major events of the 1692 Salem witch trials and is presented through thirteen life size stage sets built into the walls above and around you in a large auditorium. As the narration progresses each scene illuminates to dramatize the events of 1692. The second presentation focuses on the European witch hunts and the background leading to the Salem witch trials of 1692. In addition, this presentation discusses the emergence of the stereotypical witch and the frightening phenomenon of witch-hunting.
- **TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE as we sell out early during peak times. It’s important that you plan your day and select your time and arrive on time. Please make sure that you can make it to the museum ON TIME.
Check in with a staff member at the front of the museum, at your allotted time, when you arrive and have your cellphone and email ready. We will scan your QR code and present you and your party with your timed museum admission stickers, and direct you to the appropriate entry point into the museum.
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE MAKING YOUR TICKET PURCHASE:
By checking the box below, you agree to abide by these terms to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff.
- Check in ON TIME for your reservation as we offer limited tickets and will not be able to accommodate OR refund you if you are late.
- Wear a face covering (over your mouth and nose) at all times when in the museum or on museum grounds. Recognize that we will be enforcing this requirement and may ask you to leave, and will not refund you, if you do not comply.
- State law mandates the number of visitors onsite at a specific time and as such may limit your time in the museum to no longer than one hour and fifteen minutes.
- Physical distancing: Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people.
- Select your ticket time wisely as we cannot change or switch your time, because we can sell out early in the day during peak times and there are NO-REFUNDS once you’ve made your purchase.
- If you miss your ticket time, we are unable to admit you to another time, because we sell out!
- Please arrive at the museum for your presentation at your allotted time. You will meet a museum staff member who will check you in, give you a timed sticker, and direct you to the sticker holder entrance to wait for entry. Please be mindful to physically distance yourselves from the next group. Do not arrive before your allotted time as we will not be able to check you in and we must ensure that we do not exceed the front plaza capacity as there are strict city gathering regulations in downtown Salem.
- We may need to keep you outside on the front plaza to ensure we are complying with reduced capacity mandates, please dress accordingly.
- Should the ticketing system be slow, do not repeatedly refresh the page or hit the submit credit card button as you might be charge multiple times.