Terms and Conditions
We are open and to keep you and our staff safe, we require strict compliance with our mask and physically distance policy. Because we are functioning at 40% capacity, you may need to wait outside on our front plaza for up to 15 minutes before entering the museum for your visit. Please plan accordingly especially during inclement weather. Tickets are sold ONLINE ONLY and we suggest you purchase them before you come to Salem. We look forward to welcoming you to the Salem Witch Museum.
Ticket information – Tickets go on sale, shortly after midnight for SAME DAY ONLY.
Because of the current pandemic, we are taking every precaution to clean, wear appropriate protective gear and follow local, federal and CDC guidelines. We are doing our best to keep you, our staff and Salem residents safe. Because we’ve drastically reduced the number of visitors to our museum know that weekends can busy and may sell out.
Please purchase your tickets before you make your way to the Museum. At peak season, the system may lag because of ticket demand. Please have patience when purchasing your ticket and do not do not refresh the page or press the submit button multiple times to prevent extra charges. You may need to clear your cellphone or computer cache if the system doesn’t allow you to purchase tickets.
One of the other ways we are keeping you safe, is by limiting how many visitors are in the museum at one time. How we are doing this is by offering timed tickets online.
It is important that you read the following in order to assist you in selecting the proper time and understand the new requirements to visit, as TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
- You do not need to be in Salem or at the Museum to purchase your tickets. In fact we recommend purchasing them before you arrive. Tickets are sold for specific times during the day, running every half hour, i.e. 9:45 am tickets are for the 10 am presentation and 10:15 am tickets are for the 10:30 am presentation, etc. You should allow about one hour and 15 minuites for your visit.
- The museum consists of two presentations: the first depicts the major events of the 1692 Salem witch trials and is presented through thirteen life size stage sets built into the walls above and around you in a large auditorium. As the narration progresses each scene illuminates to dramatize the events of 1692. The second presentation focuses on the European witch hunts and the background leading to the Salem witch trials of 1692. In addition, this presentation discusses the emergence of the stereotypical witch and the frightening phenomenon of witch-hunting.
- **TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE as we sell out early during peak times. It’s important that you plan your day and select your time and arrive on time. Please make sure that you can make it to the museum ON TIME.
Check in with a staff member at the front of the museum when you arrive. Please have your cellphone and email ready. We will scan in your QR code and present you and your party with your timed museum admission stickers, and direct you to the appropriate entry point into the museum.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE MAKING YOUR TICKET PURCHASE:
By checking the box below, you agree to abide by these terms to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff.
- Check in ON TIME for your reservation as we offer limited tickets and will not be able to accommodate you if you are late.
- Wear a face covering (over your mouth and nose) at all times when in the museum or on museum grounds. Recognize that we will be enforcing this requirement and may ask you to leave if you do not comply.
- State law mandates the number of visitors onsite at a specific time and as such may limit your time in the museum to no longer than one hour and fifteen minutes.
- Social distancing: Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people.
- Select your ticket time wisely as we cannot change or switch your time, because we can sell out early in the day during peak times and there are NO-REFUNDS once you’ve made your purchase.
- If you miss your ticket time, we are unable to admit you to another time, because we sell out!
- Please arrive at the museum for your presentation at your allotted time. You will meet a museum staff member who will check you in, give you a timed sticker, and direct you to the sticker holder entrance to wait for entry. Please be mindful to physically distance yourselves from the next group. Do not arrive before your allotted time as we will not be able to check you in and we must ensure that we do not exceed the front plaza capacity as there are strict city gathering regulations in downtown Salem.
- During winter months, we may need to keep you outside on the front plaza to ensure we are complying with reduced capacity mandates, please dress warmly and accordingly.
- Should the ticketing system be slow, do not repeatedly refresh the page or hit the submit credit card button as you might be charge multiple times.