Terms and Conditions
We are happy you are interested in visiting the Museum. Because of the current pandemic, we are taking every precaution to clean, wear appropriate protective gear and follow local, federal and CDC guidelines. We have also taken the Salem Pledge:
One of the other ways we are keeping you safe, is by limiting how many visitors are in the museum at one time. How we are doing this is by offering timed tickets online. It is important that you read the following in order to assist you in selecting the proper time and understand the new requirements to visit, as tickets are Non-Refundable.
- We open at 9:45 am and tickets are sold for specific times during the day, running every half hour, i.e. 9:45 am tickets are for the 10 am presentation and 10:15 am tickets are for the 10:30 am presentation, etc. You should allow about one hour for your visit.
- The museum consists of two presentations: the first depicts the major events of the 1692 Salem witch trials and is presented through thirteen life size stage sets built into the walls above and around you in a large auditorium. As the narration progresses each scene illuminates to dramatize the events of 1692. The second presentation focuses on the European witch hunts and the background leading to the Salem witch trials of 1692. In addition, this presentation discusses the emergence of the stereotypical witch and the frightening phenomenon of witch-hunting.
- To purchase tickets, you must be within Salem, Massachusetts city limits and share your cellphone location with this website in order to confirm that you are in Salem. We strongly urge you to find parking and situate yourself in the city before you purchase tickets to ensure that you are able to arrive on time. **TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE so please make sure that you can make it to the museum ON TIME.
Check in with a staff member at the front of the museum when you arrive. Please have your cellphone and email ready. We will scan in your QR code and present you and your party with your timed museum admission stickers, and direct you to the appropriate entry point into the museum.
For Salem Residents:
- Salem residents and Salem State students are admitted free into the museum. Please check in at the center entrance for the next available ticket time.
- Please have Salem ID (for each ticket to be reserved) ready upon check in.
- Acceptable credentials include MA license or Real ID listing your Salem address or Salem school ID. We reserve the right to refuse entry to those not carrying the proper credentials.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE MAKING YOUR TICKET PURCHASE:
By checking the box below, you agree to abide by these terms to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff.
- Check in on time for your reservation as we offer limited tickets and will not be able to accommodate you if you are late.
- Wear a face covering (over your mouth and nose) at all times when in the museum or on museum grounds. Recognize that we will be enforcing this requirement and may ask you to leave if you do not comply.
- State law mandates the number of visitors onsite at a specific time and as such may limit your time in the museum to no longer than one hour.
- Social distancing: Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people.
You must click “Share my Location” below and “Allow” to share your location when prompted by your browser to be able to proceed.