Built circa 1649, by Amesbury’s first Town Clerk Thomas Macy, the house was sold to Anthony Colby in 1654. Nine generations of the Colby family lived here. In 1899, Moses Colby donated the house and property to the Bartlett Cemetery Association.
Displayed in the Communion Room is a wooden cradle that belonged to Susannah Martin.
257 Main Street, Amesbury, MA
Open Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm, Memorial Day to Labor Day. Donations appreciated.
The Macy-Colby House is on the National Register of Historic Places.